11.26.2012

Chiropractor

Just went to visit Dr. Steve, chiropractor in New Haven. Very nice guy and we spoke for 5 minutes and then got right into some myofascial release. Fancy word for massage as far as I can tell. He thinks it is an IT band issue and perhaps also related to my quad and/or hip muscles. He had a roller bar he went pretty hard on my outside leg where the pain stems from. At this point I was thinking I could probably do this with the foam roller, then he took to the inside of my leg and found a particular point that hurt like a motherfer when he pressed it with his thumb. I was impressed with this as I hadn't identified that spot as a problem. This all took about 10 minutes. Now my leg feels like I just did a bunch of serious squats. Back next week same time and place to see if this fixes it. $80 for the first visit, and $50 each visit after. He recommends at least 6 visits so this will be a $330 attempt. I'd pay twice that if this fixes it.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Cool, Dan. Good for you!

RunnerJESS said...

Hope this helps!