10.17.2012

MDI

MDI Marathon didn't go so well. Made it about 18-19 miles and my knee/leg/IT band, whatever it is, became too painful to continue. Legs felt pretty good otherwise though. Weather was horrible. Rain and in the 40s. I tried walking and running for a bit and then got really really cold. Shaking uncontrollably and couldn't find any help from race organizers. Had to jump in a guys truck and get a ride. I don't see much road running in my future. Gonna stick to the trails. Sounds like I need to move to Ashland. Karolina finished strong in 3:43. Very good time for a super hilly course.

3 comments:

Karl von Bahnhof said...

Of 1200+ individual runners signed up, only 907 finished on Sunday. I don't think you were the only one who struggled with the weather - real shame they didn't have any medical tents, especially in that weather.
Hope your knee gets better soon - hey, it could be worse. It could be an ankle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey4WSb-BVDQ

Ryan said...

Sounds shitty. Sorry to hear it. You're onto something with Ashland. ;)

Congrats, Karolina!

Em said...

Boo. Sorry the marathon didn't work out. Thank goodness you found an angel in a pick-up truck to give you a lift. On a side note, you probably shouldn't get in the habit of getting in vehicles with strangers. I don't know about Ashland, but trails sounds like a good plan.